Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Be Careful about What Friends Tell You

Like most people, I hate to spend money that I don't have to spend. So when I have a problem with my car, I first talk to my friends to see if they have had similar problems. Then I take their well meaning advice and try to determine if I should go to the mechanic. About three months ago, I was driving my wife's car when all of a sudden the fuel gauge went from full to empty less than three miles after I filled it up. First, I thought "hole in the gas tank." I stopped, turned off the car and determined that wasn't the case. Then I restarted the car. Full tank. What gives. Two days later my wife reports the same thing except now the fuel gauge is permanently on empty. So I talk to my buddies. Everything they tell me leads me to conclude that it is going to be a costly repair. Depressed and knowing that, when it comes to car repairs, I am over my head I speak to my mechanic. He tells me this is a common problem with my wife's car and that I can fix it by buying a $7 fuel additive. He was right. I should have asked him in the first place. Lesson learned.

Attorneys that practice in the injury field encounter the same problem with their clients. Many friends and family attempt to advise clients on the value of cases. Their advice can be based on what they feel is fair, what they heard on TV, or what happened to Aunt Bessie. (Aunt Bessie is that fabled person that stubbed her toe and got 72 bijillion gianormous dollars.) Although they are well meaning, they don't understand case valuation. More importantly, because you are their friend or family member, they look at it from a biased perspective. (Nothing wrong with that because they love you.) At the end of the day, in spite of what you read in the newspaper, hear on the radio, or see on TV, juries tend to be conservative in the values they award. In fact, in spite of what you hear about runaway jury verdicts, that is not the case. Asking for the sun, the moon and the stars is not going to get you anywhere. Having an attorney that does this work evaluate your case and present it in such a fashion that you get fair value in the current climate will. The value of your case will be decided on its merit.

Take care,

Rod

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed about this wonderful blog you've shared. My personal injury lawyers Arizona appreciates this tip so much! Very helpful, most especially nowadays.

Alex said...

I am not sure where you're getting your info, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I was looking for this info for my mission.
Facet Block Injection
Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy
Intercostal Nerve Block
Intrathecal Pump Therapy
Kyphoplasty
Microdiscectomy Spine Surgery
P-Stim™ Device

Anonymous said...

In February 2017, my immune system was not functioning correctly and my primary care physician did a N.A.E.T. Treatment with Laser Acupuncture and Auricular Acupuncture to try to desensitize my body from the different allergies and allergies to the metals. This procedure began to make me drained and very fatigued. He recommended that I have a GI Stool test done as I was having GI issues in February 2017, to check for parasites, pathogens, bacterial flora, and fungi/yeasts. The results showed that I had a Bacterial Pathogen called Salmonella, high amounts of normal bacterial flora, called Enterococcus spp. and Escherichia spp., 2 parasites called Dientamoeba fragilis and Endolimax nana, and 2 types of fungi/yeasts called Candida spp. and Geotrichum spp. The doctor recommended that I take Dr Itua Herbal Medicine to get rid of the Candida as that was the main concern at the time and I did purchase Dr Itua Herbal Medicine and after taking it all as instructed I was totally cured so is a urged form of heart to believe in herbal medicines but yes indeed natural remedies should be recognize around the globe because is the only healing that has no side effect on each every healing, I will recommend anyone here with health challenge to contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com / Www.drituaherbalcenter.com he capable of all kind of disease like Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Kidney disease,Parkinson,ALS,Copd. with a complete cure without coming back.

Making Injury and Insurance Law Understandable